Interested in joining the Everycare Team?
To arrange an interview to discuss employment opportunities with Everycare, or to download the relevant Application Forms, please click here.
Our Recruitment Process
Given the nature of the services we provide, it is essential that we maintain a methodical and rigorous recruitment process. Here is a summary of the normal recruitment procedure:-
- Step 1
Initial contact is made by the applicant, usually by telephone, personal visit to our head office or email. Normally a senior manager will be available to answer any initial questions and if you wish to proceed an appointment can be made for interview. Application forms can be completed at interview stage or alternatively an Application Form and Declaration of Health Form can be mailed to you, or you can print off these forms by following the link above and returning the completed forms to us. Please note that you cannot complete application forms ‘on line’ as they must be completed in your own handwriting.
- Step 2
Having booked an interview at a time convenient to you, we will send you a letter of confirmation, complete with application forms if requested. The letter will detail any other information that you need to bring, and notify you that you will be required to complete an Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure Application Form at interview should you wish to proceed with your application. The current cost of these is £44.00 which you must pay for at interview. Please bear in mind that in most instances any documentation has to be the original and not copies.
- Step 3
You attend an interview with a senior manager, which in the case of Registered Nurses must be with our Nurse Manager. You will have the opportunity of meeting some of the Head Office team and asking any questions relating to employment with Everycare.
- Step 4
Your application is processed. References (a minimum of two) are obtained in writing and sometimes verbally; your CRB Disclosure is obtained; NMC registration (if relevant) is checked; any occupational health issues are addressed appropriately and any training needs identified.
- Step 5
You will be notified if your application has been successful and invited to attend mandatory Company Induction, immediately following which you will be required to complete your Contract of Employment and be issued with your induction pack including a uniform, ID and Name Badges, Staff Handbook etc.
Below you will find the attributes you need to join Everycare (Wessex) Ltd. These are our minimum qualifying criteria so the more experience you can offer the better.
We do not place nurses in clinical areas with which they are unfamiliar and inexperienced. Our clients rightly expect that any temporary staff assigned to them are suitably qualified and are able fulfil their duties competently and comfortably.
- If a Registered Nurse you must be able to show us the original of your NMC registration card. Your PIN is then checked by us direct with the NMC.
- Registered Nurses are required to maintain membership of a relevant union while employed by Everycare, usually the Royal College of Nursing (RCN) or UNISON.
- Registered Nurses with specialist skills will be required to provide certificates of qualification and evidence of practical utilisation of such skills in the workplace.
- Student nurses must provide valid proof of training (normally by inclusion of your key tutor as a referee). First year students will normally need to evidence prior experience within the health care sector prior to commencing nurse training.
- Health Care Assistants (normally working within the health care sector) and Community Care Assistants (normally providing care within a domiciliary setting) benefit from previous experience, but it is not essential. We can provide full training for those who are new to Community Care, and indeed welcome such applicants. After gaining meaningful experience in that role Community Care Assistants can then progress to Health Care Assistant (after relevant training) and many work as both.
- You must complete an Everycare employment Application Form and Health questionnaire.
- You must provide original documentary proof of all qualifications and previous training. We reserve the right to require that you participate in and complete our own training in certain skills, even though in some cases you may possess a certificate of competency in that particular skill. For instance, you may have been taught Manual Handling, but because we do not recognise the training body we may insist that you are trained by us.
- Bearing in mind the predominantly rural nature of Dorset, it is essential that you have own personal transport and possess a current driving licence (occasionally exceptions may be made where you live within a main town where we also have a relevant client base, but this must be discussed and agreed with Everycare management prior to your employment).
- A minimum of two references from previous employment must be provided, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer. Do not provide your own copies of references - they must be obtained by us direct from the referee.
- Must complete an Enhanced Disclosure Application with the Criminal Records Bureau.
- It assists the smooth progress of you application if you provide us with accurate and comprehensive contact details, i.e. full name and address; home telephone number, mobile number, email address etc.
All of our interviews are friendly and informal and you will be encouraged to ask as many questions as you want relating to Everycare and your employment with us. We will discuss your experience and skills and ascertain the type of work that you are looking for.
Please allow ample time for your interview. If you have to complete Application Forms and Health Declaration Forms, as well as the CRB Disclosure Application, your interview may take some time.
All Registered Nurses working in the UK must be registered with the NMC (the Nursing & Midwifery Council).
In general EU citizens have equal rights of employment within member states, but there are special mandatory requirements for citizens of some new EU accession states that require them registering with the Home Office under the Worker Registration Scheme.
Non EU citizens may require a work permit or visa to work and live in the UK and their work permit may restrict their employment to a single named employer and have a strictly limited expiry date.
You can obtain further information from the following sources:-
Professional Registration with the NMC: RCN Membership Office: The Home Office Immigration and Nationality Directorate
Website - www.nmc-uk.org
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7333 6600 or +44 (0) 20 7333 9333
Website - www.rcn.org.uk
Telephone: +44 (0) 845 772 6100
Website - www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk
Telephone: +44 (0) 114 207 4074 (Work Permits and Visas)
Professional Registration with the NMC:
RCN Membership Office:
The Home Office Immigration and Nationality Directorate
We recommend that you clarify your own work status with the relevant authorities before applying for employment with Everycare. We cannot employ anyone who is unable to prove their right to work within the UK and indeed would be liable to prosecution if we were to do so.